Monday, May 23, 2011

Reflection about my writing

My writing has improved throughout this year. The first semester I had difficulty clearly stating my ideas and writing in and order that could be understood clearly. Also I had trouble backing up my ideas with sources and quotes. The second semester I learned to show both sides of a problem but still be able to back up my opinion and convince the reader that that is the best choice. I did this by citing the sources and quoting them, then explaining what they meant and how they were right.
On the first semester I did quote stuff that helped me explain my point but I really didn’t explain how the author used his way of writing to convince the audience, He used different strategies but I wasn’t good at explaining how that influences the audience. That was one of my major flaws on the first semester.
The second semester I got better at quoting, putting my essay in a logical order, and explaining. Instead of just stating quotes and explaining what they where, I went deeper and explained how there was more than one side to an issue and how that quote or source can help prove that one side is right. Also I learned to write better conclusion statements and actually give a good closing statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment